Grow Fish Anywhere – Commercially, Safely In Cities and Deserts

grow fish anywhereSea bream, a common fish farm species, can now be grown in cities and deserts, safely.

The seas and lakes of the world are rapidly losing their native fish populations, due to pollution, global warming, and over fishing. On top of this, fish farming, or aquaculture has also proven to be bad for bodies of water in which these fish are raised. But now, at least a partial solution has been found to the problems of over fishing and pollution of sea water from the feces of fish farms.  A group of Israelis from Grow Fish Anywhere have devised a way to raise fish in shallow wading pool tanks, and to detoxify the water the fish are raised in as well. The unique fish farms, innovated by Yaron Gissin, formerly a Foreign Ministry official responsible for technology. It sounds remarkably like the technology Karin had written about 2 years ago, by Prof. Yonathan Zohar (urban fish farming) in the US, but let’s hear their story.

Gissin, together with 7 partners founded Grow Fish Anywhere. By not needing even fresh seawater (the fish are raised in a mixture of fresh water and salt), and by finding a solution to the poisoning caused by the nitrates and other chemicals in fish poop, the fish can be raised in a number of environments even those in desert regions like in North Africa. In fact, if fish can be raised successfully in small plastic pools like Gissin and his associates claim to be able to do, just think what might in accomplished in large inland ocean lakes in large desert regions like the Sahara.

This is not the idea that Yaron Gissin and his friends are trying to put across. But what they do claim is that by using their method, which entails the use of special filters and bacteria to break down the nitrogen and carbon compounds found in fish waste, they hope to demonstrate that their fish farms can be located even in places suffering from severe water shortages, such as Jordan.

In this manner, Gissin claims, large amounts of fish can be successfully raised commercially to meet the growing needs of the world’s population; and with less pressure on wild fish stocks which now are depleting to a point where many types of fish are becoming endangered species.

These fish farms would prove to be a God-send to countries bordering on the Mediterranean Sea where fish populations are becoming dangerously depleted.

The fish growing technology was actually invented by Hebrew University Professor Yap Van Rein, who says that the system can raise fish more quickly because its environmental system fully controls the minerals in the water and its temperature. It sounds very similar to a technology Green Prophet’s Karin had written about before. But good ideas are just that until someone makes them commercial, right?

Van Rein said he was worried by the current condition of wild fish stocks and told Globes: “There are only 90 million tons of fish in all the world’s oceans and lakes, and whole species face extinction.”

Obviously the greenest way is to stop eating fish, but maybe Grow Fish Anywhere will be the next best thing to catching depleted wild stocks. As for desert regions. People might be best advised to eat insects for much-needed and valuable protein.

Read more about fish farming and commercial fishing:
Israel Marine Ecologist Says Mediterranean Needs More Environmental Protection
Bahrain Fishermen Plea for Help With Their Catch
Eilat Fish Cages: Out of the Frying Pan and Into Ashdod Harbor

Facebook Comments

Comments

comments

22 thoughts on “Grow Fish Anywhere – Commercially, Safely In Cities and Deserts”

1. Alex says:

i am very interesting in GFA system.our canpany what establish this fish farm system in China. can i visit GFA company?

2. I constantly spet my half an hour to read this webpage’s
    articles daily along with a mug off coffee.

3. What i don’t realize is in truth how you are now not really a lot more
    neatly-preferred than yyou might be right now.

You are vesry intelligent. You know therefore considerably in the casee of this matter, produced me individually imagine it from numerous various angles.
    Its like women and men aren’t interested except it is something to accokmplish wirh Lady gaga!
    Your personal stuffs outstanding. At all times take care of it up!

4. movie says:

I’ve been exploring for a little for any high-quality aryicles oor blog posts in this sort of house .
    Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site.
    Studying this info So i am hawppy to express that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what
    I needed. I most indubitably will make sure to don?t put out of your mind this site and give it a glance on a relentless basis.

5. Hi! I’ve been reading your website for a long time now and finally
    got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Texas!
    Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic job!

6. They will leave your windows squeaky clean, streak-free and aesthetically pleasing from
    both the interior and exterior. It all starts with a website
    and you driving traffic to it. A laptop stand will also increase
    the battery life and longevity of a laptop due to the increased
    ability to remove the hot air from the laptop.

7. MARIO BONSANGUE says:

i want to go into the production of shrimps in Abuja Nigeria, pls kindly inform me of the cost of your recirculating aquaculture systems, that can produce between 100 Tons of shrimps annually, also i would like to know if you render extra services like training and cost of installation. waiting in anticipation of your kind respon

8. MARIO BONSANGUE says:

i want to go into the production of shrimps in Malta, pls kindly inform me of the cost of your recirculating aquaculture systems, that can produce between 10 tons of shrimps annually, also i would like to know if you render extra services like training and cost of installation. waiting in anticipation of your kind respons

9. Hello! Thank you for the post, keep up the good
    work! Blogging is tiring, I just set up a photography blog and find it difficult
    finding the time to post!

10. GFA is one outstanding company that can supply the protein need of the whole of Africa.
    Please, I’m in Ghana, and a Ghanaian. How best can you assist me to establish a small scale fish farm, to expand with time? I need to help my people with a lot of fish in the season of scarcity, all year round.
    What would be my cost?

Thanks

Chris Nuhoho

11. I seriously love your blog.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you build this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I’m looking to create my own personal website and want to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named.

Kudos!

12. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
    I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your
    useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

13. Rotak says:

I am really interested in this GFA. What is the of setting up a GFA facility producing up to 10 – 20 tonnes of croaker, tilapia, catfish. I am in. Nigeria. Thanks .

14. Din Kaigama says:

my name is Din< i want to go into the production of shrimps in Abuja Nigeria, pls kindly inform me of the cost of your recirculating aquaculture systems, that can produce between 100 and 500 tons of shrimps annually, also i would like to know if you render extra services like training and cost of installation. waiting in anticipation of your kind response.
    Din

15. RAFIK VAKIL says:

i am intrested in fish farming i have watch the vedio want to know that the tank showa is of how much capacity which kind for filteration is necessary etc

16. John says:

how much does this system cost?

17. Otuekong says:

Please will like to have the cost (USD)

18. spear says:

fantastic, please provide me with the costing

19. seaberry says:

this is a fantastic idea not only beacuse it protects ocean populations from going extinct but also because it would stop the spread of illness and genetic problems caused by farmed fish mixing with ocean fish

20. Dieudonné says:

Grow Fish Anywere is the best alternative for over fishing. Especially in countries located far from seas. Please to tell me how much can cost this kind of farm(in US Dollar).

21. ahmed says:

have nice day
    please can you give me simple idea about the for each pool to without any equipement i want only pool