The Abu Dhabi Eco-Chicks, a “group of educated, empowered and eco-minded women,” has been busy hosting Green Drinks, green Iftar dinners, and doing all sorts of green activity. Now they are reaching out to the online community to help them with their newest project: creating an online map of sustainable living locations in Abu Dhabi.
So what’s already on the map? Things like:
- A booth that sells locally made beauty products, made from natural, organic ingredients
- Cycling on the corniche
- An organic cafe and shop
- A fish market with sustainable seafood options
- Newspaper reusing at Ikea (where newspapers are turned into packaging materials)
- Yoga Tree
- Recycling at Le Meridien
- Mazaraa Organic Food
- Organic food catering
- Al Mamoura Recycling
- Recycling Stations at ADNOC Petrol Stations
- EWS-WWF Turtle Program (one of the Eco-Chicks’ favorite causes)
- Lulu Hypermarket Organics
- Recycling Station at the Millenium Hotel
The map is interactive and user-generated, so please feel free to add any other green spots in Abu Dhabi that you know. And if you don’t know of any, check out the map up close – clicking on each of the pinpointed spots will give you extra tips and contact information.
And if you’re not a resident of Abu Dhabi at all, how about starting a green map where you live? We would be happy to help, so please let us know if you do!
Read more about Abu Dhabi and the Eco-Chicks::
Abu Dhabi Eco-Chicks Organize Green Drinks Event
Abu Dhabi Eco-Chicks Host Green Drinks Iftar Dinner Tomorrow Night
Abu Dhabi Municipality Launched Successful Paper-Less Day Campaign