Who can resist a potato? These crisp-skinned potato wedges seasoned with olive oil and Middle-Eastern herbs make a great side dish for any meal.
Ah…lunch looks good!
Golden Herbed Potato Wedges
serves 4-6, depending on size of potatoes
3 large potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon za’atar or oregano
1 teaspoon dried, powdered rosemary
1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, then each half into 3 long wedges.
- Put all the seasonings, the water, and the oil in a large bowl. Blend them well.
- Toss the potatoes in the herbal oil/water mixture.
- Pour the potatoes and all the liquid into a baking pan. Straighten the potato wedges out so that you have one layer.
- Bake at 450°F – 225° C for one hour.
- Variation: Use juice of only 1/2 lemon and substitute white wine for the water.
Photo by Miriam Kresh: www.israelikitchen.com