OK, so we know quite a bit about Israel; start-up capital of the universe; uber-friendly to vegans; and offering a portfolio of natural and historical wonders that could take a lifetime to fully explore. Here are a few more interesting facts about the Holy Land that you can impress your friends with:
1. An Israeli conservationist Ofir Drori has managed to jail more than 1,300 major wildlife traffickers in Africa through his wildlife conservation organization, the Last Great Ape Organization (link here)
2. Israeli scientists have produced a clean energy alternative from spinach (link here).
3. An Israeli company has developed reusable plastic trays to collect dew from the air, reducing the water needed by crops or trees by up to 50 percent (link here).
4. In the heart of urban Jerusalem lies a nature park with a herd of gazelles (link here).
5. An Israeli inventor has developed the world’s first cardboard bicycle from recycled materials. The bike is resistant to rain and sun, and costs around $9 each (link here).
6. Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in its number of trees (link here).
7. With peanuts introduced early to their diets (mostly in the form of the popular snack, Bamba), Israeli babies are 10 times less likely to suffer from a peanut allergy than Jewish children in the UK (link here).
8. In 2017, Tel Aviv hosted the largest gay pride parade in the Middle East (link here).
9. In 2004, Israeli scientists found a cure for bad breath (link here).
10. The powerhouse nation of Israel is only 1/6 of 1% of the landmass of the Middle East (link here).
Know more? Drop them in the comments section!