If you are woman you know that at any point in your life, you might feel those odd and uncomfortable, cyclical mood swings. This is totally normal over the course of a month. But getting your hormones in balance when they feel out of whack is something you can work on, using food.
When levels of estrogen, progesterone, and yes even testosterone are level, one will feel balanced and content. When you are not in balance, the world feels like it’s coming to an end. You might be here because you are looking for hormone replacement therapy, like that offered on this site, but before you go in that direction, you might want to try these 7 foods you can eat to help restore your hormonal balance naturally.
Here are 7 superfoods to help your hormones get there, girls
1. Apple: This once-a-day-as-the-doctor ordered fights against estrogen. Some people may have too much estrogen in their diets, especially if you are eating a tofu-rich one. The fiber in the apple helps remove some estrogen and keeps your hormones in check.
2. Olive oil: we Middle Easterners know that olive oil is a wonder drug in and unto itself. Drink it, pour it on salads, throw it on your body. The monounsaturated fatty acids in olive oil are great for your hormone balance and state of mind.
3. Almonds: are full of fibre and they are great for your heart. A few soaked almonds a day helps you absorb fewer carbs and sugars. 4. Brown rice: is a food full of vitamin B, great for female hormone balance. Brown rice is better for the metabolism, so we recommend it, but only if it’s organic.
5. Fish: again, consume in moderation due to risks from heavy metals (read this and sushi), but super fatty fish like sardines, herring, salmon and mackerel, are full of Omega 3 fatty acids which is an acid particularly good for balancing out the highs and lows of menopause.
6. Oatmeal: full of the vitamins selenium, copper, manganese, iron, magnesium, zinc and magnesium, oatmeal is ALSO rich in Vitamin E, protein and fiber. Eat it routinely and you will balance your blood sugar and lower the risk of diseases associated with high cholesterol.
7. Unsweetened yogurt: we are talking about plain unsweetened yogurt. No flavors and no sugar, artificial or natural. Full of probiotics, unsweetened yogurt boosts the metabolism of estrogen, it can slim you down and build you a healthy immune system. If you are feeling a bit wild and crazy, consider adding all of the above into your yoghurt.