Highstreet ethical clothing designed just for Muslim modesty is a little difficult to find here in England, UK, but with some online research you can pick up great items to stay organic and Islamic. Here is a fine selection of core wardrobe pieces I dug from the store Fashion Conscience. Wear the dress with leggings for lazier days, pair up with knee hight boots or mix’n’match the items to create two unique spring-summer outfits, despite the windy British weather. For a truly Middle Eastern flavour try wrapping the headscarf in traditional Arab styles, demonstrated by the plethora of YouTube hijab tutorials.
All items are from Fashion conscience except the v-neck cardigan, which is available from Monsoon.
- Kaskazi Fair Trade Dress, brown, £54.00
- Sahara Maputo Flat Sandal, regular price £55.00, (on sale at time of publication for £20.00)
- Mistery Gladiator Flat Vegan Sandals, £35 (on sale for £17.50)
- Nude V-Neck Rib Cardigan, brown, £40.00
- Noir, Cyril Cropped Blazer, regular price £620, (on sale for at £186). A hefty price tag so you can always choose an alternative more affordable light coloured jacket, or a full sleeved tee underneath
- Fair Trade Raw Silk Scarf, £14.00 (on sale for £9.80), is this delicious or what?
- Chino Trosers, £55.00
- Fair Trade Wide Brass Bangle, £12.00
- Jules Vegan Leather Studded Waller, usually £58.75, (on sale for £41.00)
- Marielle Fair Trade Clutch/Handbag, £75.00
What do you think? Rate or slate it in the comments section below.
More ethical fashion:
Ethical Outfit: Organic Breezy Blues
Grow A Flower In Your Worn Out OAT Shoes
Eco-Hijabs On The Rise
Interview with Assaf Wexler of Dosuno Design, a Multidisciplinary Design Studio
TreeShirt Brings Graphic Tees and Planted Trees to Lebanon