Re-users of all ways, shapes, and forms are now welcome to apply for exhibition space at REUSE 5.0, an exposition that will take place at the Australian College of Kuwait (ACK) in February 2012. The exposition, which has grown steadily over the past five years, hopes to serve as an opportunity for non-profit organizations, companies, professionals and aspiring creative talents to showcase their accomplishments in the field of social responsibility and sustainability via a range of artistic mediums and interactive activities for the general public. As Kuwait’s premier exposition for eco-friendly thought, REUSE serves as a vehicle for dialogue among the private, public and civil sectors.
The event is being organized by en.v, an initiative dedicated to social responsibility in the Arab world. en.v’s primary objective is to seek out public sector bodies, private sector and civil society organizations in the region, document their efforts, and create interactivity between them towards developing a more thought-conscious society.
REUSE 5.0 will include the following modules (and others):
- Boutiques that sell eco-friendly, fair trade, organic or natural products
- Restaurants that offer local and/or organic drinks and snacks
- Social Programs in the Middle East North Africa region dedicated to sustainable development
- REUSE Community showcase of the best student work around Kuwait made entirely from scrap/recycled materials
- Flea Market with second hand items
- Galleries exhibiting artwork that promotes eco-friendly living
- Artists and en.v commissions to create work exploring the theme of sustainability
- Workshops in the field of sustainability and creativity, conducted by global experts
- Live Performances (acoustic, of course) of various musicians
The REUSE exposition is devised as a carbon neutral event, and environmental concerns will be documented and addressed during every phase. At the end of the exposition, en.v will conduct an internal carbon footprint audit and offset all emissions.
To apply to participate in REUSE 5.0, email [email protected] with a short description of your business or proposal.
:: REUSE 5.0
Read more about eco-friendly Kuwait:
10th Kuwaiti Conference on Natural Resources and Development
Cool Kuwaiti Home Foils Peeping Toms
Method To Seal Spill in Kuwait Could Work for Gulf Oil Spill