Thinking about working in solar energy and fancy a career change for a year in the Middle East? You will need some experience in the industry and some experience working in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) but this short term contract job, which may be extended, might be a great way to work on something new while you plan your next career move. It’s a supervisory role, Commissioning Electrical Superintendent, and you must have background in solar PV installations.
Solar power in the United Arab Emirates really has the potential to provide most of the country’s electricity demand. It is still a major oil producing country, but the United Arab Emirates is taking some major steps to introduce solar power on a large scale. Be a part of this radical change as we shift from the oil industry to renewables.
Get used to Sunday to Thursday work days, as is common in the Middle East. Getting the job will also require that you have
- Minimum 1-2 Year of experience in UAE
- 3 years minimum as Commissioning Electrical Superintendent
- 5 years’ experience in the SOLAR PV plants
- Currently based in UAE or With experience working in UAE
- Have a UAE driving License (get one by following this advice)
- Available within a month or ASAP
- Specialization: Electrical Engineer / Commissioning
Your job will assume a high degree of responsibilities, with tasks including:
- Ensure work is executed according to contract specifications, approved design drawings, agreed on procedures, and method statements
- Estimation and Tender Quotation
- Coordinating with local authorities, clients and subcontractors
- Responsible for ensuring safe and successful execution of commissioning activities in their area
- Schedules work activities and manpower requirements to meet established completion dates.
- Monitors workforce productivities / progress relative to schedule
- Monitors environmental compliance, as required
- Supervises the mechanical completion phase and transition to the final hookup and commissioning phase
- Manages all punch list items outstanding
- Coordinates with construction team