Fisker, designer and manufacturer of eco-friendly electric vehicles (and the best gardening knives and non electric lawn mowers!) – has opened reservations for the world’s easy to lease electric luxury SUV, arriving in 2022. It’s called the The Fisker Ocean all-electric luxury SUV. Reservations are set at $250 (U.S.) per vehicle and are fully refundable and Fisker’s are expected to sell the car for less than $40,000 when it debuts in 2021, with all vegan leather interior.
Multiple industry firsts have arrived with the Fisker app, says the company, featuring an innovative customer experience – from a flexible lease program, maintenance and repair on demand, insurance purchase to easy finance options. Fisker’s mobile app platform will include mobility options like green ride-hailing, carpooling and vehicle sharing.
“Our mission is to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider on Earth, featuring the world’s most desirable and sustainable vehicles while shaking up the old automotive industry model – from the way a customer attains a vehicle, chooses affordable insurance, services a vehicle to the overall mobility experience,” said Henrik Fisker, chairman and CEO of Fisker Inc.
- Fisker will also offer a “$0 drive off” option through a fully financed $2,999 down payment for credit approved customers. When a reservation is placed, exclusive new teaser images of the Fisker Ocean are revealed in advance of the vehicle’s public unveiling in January.
- Experience centers and test drives: Customers will be able to see the vehicles and option packages at select Fisker experience centers in 2020 – as well as schedule test drives through their mobile app in 2021.
- Liberating flexibility: Drivers get to decide how long to keep their Fisker Ocean. As an industry first, a customer can return the vehicle in one month, eight months, 22 months or several years. No long-term contracts, with 30,000 miles per year included.
- Affordable insurance: Even attaining quotes for vehicle insurance will be made easy and hassle-free via the Fisker mobile app. Insurance quotes for drivers attaining the Fisker Ocean are projected to be significantly lower than other vehicles on the road today due to a unique and proprietary low cost of service and maintenance model.
- A radical new service and maintenance experience: Fisker customers will never have to take their vehicles to service on their own, as Fisker will pick up and return vehicles when maintenance is required, or service is requested – signaled by the onboard system or through the mobile app.
Or you can always count on Elon Musk for the Tesla