How would you like to save money by no longer paying electric bills? There are several ways in which this can be accomplished. The first option is to go completely off the grid, and choose not to use electricity of any kind. This may not be suitable for the average person and will definitely not be comfortable, even for the extremist.
The next option is live very frugally and save energy in every way possible by limiting the amount of time in the home with the lights on, unplugging appliances, and even lowering the heat settings. Again, this is not a comfortable option. This option also does not fully eliminate electricity bills. However; a third viable option does exist.
The benefits of solar energy are not always openly discussed, but here are 5 good reasons
1. Solar energy is reliable. With only a bit of cleaning to do, this form of energy can offer several thousand hours of electricity and power for a home.
2. Solar energy is completely renewable. The Sun is not disappearing any time in the near future, and no mining is necessary in order to use its power.
3. Solar energy is not harmful to the environment. In fact, it is part of the natural environment.
4. Over time, the initial costs of installing solar panels are cancelled out by the amount of money saved not paying a power company.
5. Solar panels can be installed one or many at a time to fit almost any budget.
It is obvious that solar panels can be useful, but some may not understand just how useful.
Imagine your perimeter wireless dog fence being powered by solar energy, or any other type of underground fencing for dogs running even during power outages. This could keep your pets safe, even when the electric company cannot keep the power functioning during bad weather.
Solar panels can be used to heat water for the home, keep the lights burning bright, and even power the television.
Solar panels can show an immediate savings on the electricity bill. They will not eliminate the bill completely unless all electrical aspects of the house are appropriately hooked into the solar panel converted energy. This is not a difficult task. In fact, solar panels can be purchased in a number of places and are simple to install for those who are true do it yourselfers.
Maybe your budget is tight in these tough economic times. That is alright, as panels can be installed one at a time as the budget allows. Money saved can then be put to further panels. Once an entire home is converted to solar panel energy the savings will start, as no more power bills will be hitting the mailbox. In this manner, the solar panels seem to pay for themselves.
Are you ready to convert? Honestly, we cannot think of many reasons why not converting is an option. Start saving a bit today and buy a single panel. See how things go. The earth and your wallet will be very thankful.
Image of solar panel dog house from Shutterstock