One advantage of eating vegan is that you probably have all ingredients for home-cooked meals in your pantry, all the time. Another advantage, especially in freezing winter times like now, is how filling and warming vegan foods are, based as they are on grains, like lupini beans, which deserve to be better known, and lots of vegetables. Especially root vegetables, as in the tajine of sweet potatoes and prunes pictured above.
Green Prophet offers you many delicious vegan recipes, and here are our top 10 favorites. Every one has those big Middle Eastern flavors that you’ve come to expect from our devotedly Middle Eastern taste.
- Classic Ful and Hummus, A Working Man’s Lunch. Hearty fava beans on a bed of hummus and tahini – and recipes for all three, plus another for a traditional Middle-Eastern way with eggs.
- Falafel: The crunchy chickpea snack of the Middle East. Load it into a fresh pita and top it with lots of vegetables, and you have a meal.
- Muhamarra: A pungent spread based on roasted bell peppers and walnuts.
- Baba Ganoush: One of our most popular recipes. Eggplant spread featuring the baladi wild eggplants that are in season right now.
- Turkish Winter Soup With Bulgur Gnocchi: A soup with layers of ingredients that’s guaranteed to warm and comfort you.
- Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad : This recipe includes nine other delicious ways to eat lentils. It can be served hot or room temperature.
- Two Winter Salads: One features chickweed, the delicate wild edible that springs up in winter.
- Chickpea and Artichoke Salad: Herby and hearty.
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup: If Jerusalem Artichokes are available in your area, try this flavorful soup.
- Sambusak: Savory pastries stuffed with spicy chickpeas or mashed potatoes.
More Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes, Just In Case You’re Still Not Inspired :
- Moroccan Anise Flatbread
- Butternut Squash Stuffed With Quinoa
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Tahini Cookies
- Asparagus And Mushroom Risotto