David Faiman’s CPV Solar Power Launched By Zenith Solar (VIDEO)

YouTube Preview Image

There has been a lot of hype around Zenith Solar lately in Israel, where they’ve publicly launched their new solar power technology in Kibbutz Yavne, not far from Tel Aviv. Some residents of the kibbutz are against the industrialization in their kibbutz, others see it as an important environmental contribution. See the video above.

For more about Zenith Solar, read the Green Prophet story Zenith Solar to dedicate first solar energy farm in Israel. Business Week has a good intro on the company written back in 2008.

I am told that Zenith Solar might be the most efficient Israeli solar energy technology out there (developed by Ben Gurion University’s Prof. David Faiman), but there are infrastructure barriers this company will have to overcome in order to be relevant.

::Zenith Solar

17 thoughts on “David Faiman’s CPV Solar Power Launched By Zenith Solar (VIDEO)

1. Pingback: Israel in the News for the Week of April 14th | PRAY WITH ISRAEL

2. Pingback: Dusting Off Solar Panels With an Electric Charge | Green Prophet

3. Pingback: American Energy Experts Go Green in Israel | Green Prophet

4. Pingback: South Korea Looks to Collaborate With Israel on Renewable Energy | Green Prophet

5. Pingback: Israel’s Eilat Region Could Be Middle East’s Clean Tech Beta Site | Green Prophet

6. Paul Linden

Thank you for the well written article and commentary. The ZenithSolar Z20 system is designed and now being tested to be certified to meet IEC standards for Solar Energy. ZenithSolar Z20 System does hook up to an inverter and a PPS (Battery System for community). The PPS allows us to harvest and collect electrical energy during the day and provide it to the community during peak and evening hours. This system has been developed to work with a large number of commercially available inverters, including the most popular units used in the USA and Europe.

Paul Linden
    Global Procurement & Administration
    ZenithSolar Ltd
    paul.linden@zenithsolar.com, visit us at http://www.ZenithSolar.com

7. S N Peerzada

SOLAR POWER MPPT DEVELOPED, THAT IS MAXIMUM PEAK POWER TRACKER WHICH IS MICROCONTROLLER BASED ( 6000 WATTS PEAK ) HAVING 98% EFFICIENCY
    MAXIMUM VOLTAGE INPUT CAN BE UPTO 90 VOLTS AND INPUT CURRENT CAN BE UPTO 50 AMPERES
    CAN CHARGE 12 VOLT OR 24 VOLT OR 48 VOLT BATTERIES AS REQUIRED.

THIS MPPT IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

NOT YET LAUNCHED ON OUR WEBSITE.

sufiventures@hotmail.com

8. Marcelo Sergio Herbst Architect & Designer

Dear Davis Faiman – Zenith Solar

I´m very interested to introduce this technology to provide energy to my projects of houses and little urban complex in South America .
    I`m architect and working to develope the use of solar energy in architectureand to use this technology in Argentina , Uruguay and Chile my works is like the work of an ant because must teaching the use of active and passive systems in the designs and to open the minds of some people to undestand the qualitys and advantages to use solar – photovoltaic cells to provide electricity and solar water heating systems for houses in remote regions of my country.

Many years ago I was living in ISRAEL in KIBBUTZ MEGGIDO and I have family and friends there so I´ll be very happy to receive your mail to allow to me starting here ( in ARGENTINA ) with this technology for my projects.

Best regards and do not hesitate to contact me.

sorry by my english.

Shalom ve Lehitrahot
    Marcelo S. Herbst
    Architect
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    herbstdesign@yahoo.com.ar

9. Slingshot

Don’t whitewash Karin. I agree.

But if you want to be in the field of reporting, you must have facts to back up general statements. And frankly, to connect a PV system to the grid is based on the inverter, and it is that simple. I have no idea what you could possibly be referring to when you say “compliance with international standards”. BrightSource and Solel are supplying utility scale solar thermal power stations. They will not have anything online for years. ZenithSolar is connected to the grid today at Yavne. BrightSource and Solel both have “deals” with PG&E and others to supply electricity at a specific price. if Brightsource says $0.09 per kWh and Solel says $0.10 per kWh, than Solel is in big trouble and BrightSource is a big winner. And visa versa. It is that sensitive of a market. Not to mention the land, environmental (ruining the desert ecosystems), transmission lines (which don’t exist), and many other HUGE challenges. So again, I’d love to see if you have any facts to back up zenith’s “compliance with international standards” – which are based on anonymous interviews – especially in comparison to BrightSource and Solel!

10. Karin Kloosterman

Dear Slingshot,

I have just finished writing a report on Israeli innovators in the solar tech area (not yet published), and according to experts that I interviewed, Zenith Solar may be the most efficient, but issues like compliance with international standards (hooking into the grid for example) may prevent the company from being as successful like BrightSource or Solel. It is not negative to say so. People come to Green Prophet because our writers are all working in the field of the environment. While we do write positive stories — see the past 2 on ZenithSolar –- we are not going to whitewash.

-Karin

11. Slingshot

What “infrastructure barriers” are you referring to? I have a feeling that you don’t know what you are talking about, but felt a need to say something negative. Do you have any knowledge / facts to back up your general negative conclusions?

12. Pingback: FloridaIsrael